- Getting off work – no question the best part of Friday night
- Gastown – my stomping grounds
- The Diamond – cocktails extraordinaire
- Dine Out Vancouver – simply amazing meal at Cobre for $28
- Truly excellent wine from Desert Hills Winery on the Black Sage Bench in Osoyoos, BC
- The best dessert I ever ate – it was (oops, I almost said “oral”) sex in a martini glass
- Stopping at the Starbucks by the Black Frog for tea and they have Joy! Great music and the coolest location except maybe the original Starbucks at 1st and Pike
- Arriving at the bus stop just as the #210 came around Cambie Street
- The ride home through East Van is always a study in contrasts – it keeps life interesting
- Dizzy Up the Girl on my iPod – oh Johnnie, one more vapid model added to the tally, but sweet cars!
- Someone left a Georgia Straight on my seat – best personals, best music listings, crap music critics – really, get over yourselves – but I laughed all the way home
- My fireplace
- Writing my blog: I know I can do that anywhere, but would it be as interesting (at least to me)?
- A good night’s sleep
- Tomorrow I get to paddle on False Creek
And, of course, the company of good friends. Sometimes I wonder if there is anywhere better to live . . .there are for sure so many awesome places to visit . . .but living in Vancouver is THE BEST.